30 weeks and 1 day
How far along are you? 30 weeks and 3 days. We only have 9 weeks and 2 days till my due dates, holy crap. I am so beyond excited to meet our son but the countdown has officially started to freak me out because we still have so much to get done. One of our biggest priorities is picking out a pediatrician. We also need get our new insurance in place but we can’t do that till Eric’s last day in the Army next month so I don’t have much control over that one.
How big is Baby this week? About the size of a cucumber (15.2 in to 16.7in, 2.5 to 3.8lbs)
Weight Gain? Over 20lbs, I would do anything in the world to ensure my baby is healthy but that number is still hard to swallow. I am already itching to get back in a workout routine, but yet I come home and sit on the couch every night. I’m purchasing a FitBit in a few weeks so I am hoping that helps with the motivation a bit.
Gender? It’s a….BOY!!!!!!
Maternity Clothes? Most definitely, though I am still wearing a pair of non-maternity pants for work because I had a hard time finding maternity dress pants I liked. At this point it seems silly to buy more maternity clothes.
Stretch Marks? Thankfully none yet.
Sleep? Eh, so so. I could be worse, but it could be better.
Symptoms? I really have been blessed with a pretty easy pregnancy. I started feeling some pain in my bones and after asking on a few pregnancy forums since I couldn’t figure out how to google exactly what I was feeling I thought for sure I was developing “pelvic girdle pain”. Some women who have this end up in so much pain they can’t walk so it freaked me out a bit. The midwife didn’t seem too concerned and said it was likely because Cayden is hanging out so low. I’m thankful the pain seemed to plateau because for quite a few days in a row it was progressing. It still hurts a bit to stand up, sit down, roll over in bed, get out of bed, pretty much anything that requires me to move but it’s tolerable and, dare I say, seems to be getting a bit better.
Movement? Lots and lots of movement. I’ve read that babies are working on their sleep schedule about now so his late night dance parties have me thinking we will have a little night owl on our hands.
Food Cravings? Not anything that I must. have. now. I’m still using this pregnancy as an excuse to eat like crap, something I said I would not do. Oops.
Labor Signs? Thankfully none.
Belly Button in or out? Still in, I’m not really sure how it would be possible for mine to pop out so I think I’ll be good on this.
What I miss? Being able to get comfortable easily, it takes a few tries when I lay down on the couch or in bed at night.
What I am looking forward to? We are taking three baby classes next month, Preparing for Baby, Coping Techniques for Natural Labor, and a Breastfeeding class. We also need to get over to the hospital for a L&D tour sometime soon.
Best moment of the week? Hitting 30 weeks – I look at it as the last big “milestone” before Cayden’s birthday.
It has been far too long since I have done an update so here are a few things that weren’t covered above.
- I passed my glucose test, hallelujah because I have been a sugar addict for the past few months
- My iron is a little low so I have begun taking iron pills
- Eric and I went home for our baby shower and it was amazing. Cayden is so loved and Eric and I couldn’t be happier for the family and friends we have
- We are officially at the point of bi-weekly midwife appointments
- The midwife we had picked out is out for medical reasons till after my due date so we have to switch. We really like all of the midwives there, I meet the last one this week, so this won’t be an issue. It does make me glad we decided to go the doula route though.
- We hired a doula! (I can’t remember if I mentioned that last time)
- I never, ever thought I would be so passionate about breastfeeding, labor, vaccinations, cloth diapering, etc. I know all of these things might not work out as we have planned but I am going to try my hardest.
- I got a mom hair cut this past weekend. Just kidding, I just wanted something easier to do because I am not a morning person. The stylist cut it a little shorter than I wanted but I’m happy with it, you can see it in the picture up above!